When you start feeling nervous, shaking o getting totally debilitated, do not panic, do not feel bad. It is a common reaction; even the most famous actors in Hollywood can suffer it.
You can overcome stage fear by training your body and your mind with a few tricks that will help you relax.
There are circumstances when at the time of memorizing a script or improvising some scene we note that our heart is accelerating, our breathing is becoming shorter; this sensation can overtake all our body and get us to have this horrible thinking “I must leave” o “I am going to faint just here in the middle of the concert, in front of everybody: audience, partners, director, critics, etc.”
Let us present you with some advice, that sure can be of help:
- Relax your body tensions
- Develop you diaphragmatic breathing
- Get your voice ready and quiet your mind before you start acting
- Chew some gum for a while to reduce tension in your jaw
- Take 15 to 20 minutes to meditate
- Don´t drink coffee the day of your performance: it will make you feel more nervous and agitated
- Look directly to a wall or a light while you perform
Dinbog offers you belong to a community addressed to talents.
A click away from being discovered!