When submitting for an acting casting there are many factors to be aware off, despite how well practiced you may be. Dinbog wants to give you a series of tips to keep in mind to help you with any and all acting auditions:
– Imagine this: While practicing your monologues or skits remember to imagine you are in front of an audience and most importantly the directors. Keep in mind the rush of sensations that you will be feeling (nerves, sweats, etc.).
– Prepare a text: Sometimes casting directors will send you their skit directly. Even if this is the case it is best to still be prepared with two monologues, one comedic and once dramatic, to demonstrate your dynamic skills.
– Vocalize: Make sure you are speaking with clear diction and a load pitch. Warm up your vocal cords before the audition.
– Wear clothes that makes you feel comfortable and confident: Remember the camera will catch everything. Make sure you have a clean face and if you wear makeup, that it is natural only highlighting your best features.
– Mental Strength: Mentally prepare yourself for the possibility of rejection. If they do not pick you it may only be because they are not searching for a character like yours, so do not give up.
– Relax: This is easier said than done. Try to go as relaxed as possible. There will always be nerves before a big audition, but do not focus on your natural response simply focus on yourself and your goals. Calm down and concentrate.
– After: Do not forget to treat yourself! Whether it went well or it was not what you expected, you should still celebrate your hard work. Remember to always take note of what could be improved on for next time, and simply keep on keeping on.
– Mistakes will come with each casting, but it important to stay optimistic and use these mistakes as opportunities for improvement.
Log on to dinbog and you will be yet one step closer to being discovered.